- Keep the bandage on the tattoo for at least four to six hours after the work is complete (or longer, depending on the tattoo artist's instructions).
- Remove the bandage very carefully and throw it away. This allows your skin to breathe and begin the healing process. Do not re-bandage the tattoo.
- Immediately after the bandage is removed wash your tattoo with a mild fragrance/chemical free soap. Make sure to wash away any blood or clear fluid that might have built up on the tattoo. Let your tattoo air dry, or if you're in a hurry, pat dry with a clean paper towel. (never use a fabric towel on your fresh tattoo, towels can be abrasive and can hold bacteria)
- Wash tattooed area twice daily for the first week, once in the morning and once at night.
- Do not put any ointments or lotion on the tattoo for the first day and a half. When tattoo is dry and feeling tight, you may lightly lotion the area with Unscented Lubriderm or WellSkin(brand).
- Expose your healing skin to air as much as possible but avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Avoid getting a lot of water on your new tattoo - short showers for the first few days are OK(as long as the shower doesn't hit the tattoo directly), but no swimming or baths for a few weeks.
Take into consideration that everyone heals differently and at different rates. If you feel like your tattoo isn't healing properly, feel free to call the shop and we'll help you out. Don't trust the internet, or your friends!! Leave it to the professionals.